Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

break-in

Yesterday, while I was at school, someone bashed in our back door, waltzed inside our house, and took my laptop. Luckily, Simpkin wasn't hurt. Luckily, they didn't take anything else. Luckily, they didn't sweep shelves off onto the floor or break all the eggs.

But it was the last thing I needed.  I lost photos, homework, writing, privacy. I can't function as a student without a laptop, so I'm going to buy a new one. (I can't afford it.) We need to fix the door, put deluxe locks on the garage.

But there has been help. Tim's parents waited 7 hours for the police to arrive. We bought hummus, grapes, bread, salt-and-vinegar chips for supper. Hugged the cat. Filled in a police report late at night. Watched British history in bed. This morning we cuddled, made tea, got dressed. My mum's going to give a ride to Memory Express. I think I can deal with today. Sometimes I am even more glad that I am not alone. 

3 comments:

  1. Oh Lizzie, *grand hug for you* how terrible and shocking... I know I would feel so vulnerable and frustrated if that happened to me. Especially over the irreplaceable; photos, writing... It does sound like you did all the right things in its wake; especially that morning cuddling and eating of hummus.

    Not that its much compensation, but I just sent off your Vegemite in the post today...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that you & your family were not hurt (physically- I agree with Windhover on the feelings).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to both you ladies. I do believe we are doing ok.

    ReplyDelete

Speak your piece.