Pages

Friday, November 11, 2011

journal excerpt: November 10 (Inger Christensen)

The Inger Christensen poem was shocking to discover. It could be one of mine, just as easily. I couldn't even resist re-writing the second-last stanza. Who do I think I am?


"It's very strange" - Inger Christensen, translated Susanna Nied

It's very strange
the eggs are everywhere

There must be some mistake
the eggs are so close together

There seems to be no room for us
Push the eggs closer together

It's impossible
We must get closer together

but beloved what will happen
with all the eggs everywhere

What will happen everywhere
to us

[What will happen to us
It happens everywhere
]

There must be some mistake

2 comments:

  1. This is a comment unrelated to this post: I have noticed that you have Dvorak on your pod....one of my VERY favorites. There's so much ENERGY to everything he composed. Don't the Slavonic Dances get your heart thrumming?

    And.
    I like who you think you are.

    ReplyDelete

Speak your piece.