Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

we live in a factory





And this pillow cover is the latest churned out. Thank you Laura for all your help. I know how to use my sewing machine now.

I've been trying this evening to get some good pictures of Tim's new worktable. It's sadly tiny, compared to the grandeur of the set-up he has in his parents' basement, but for the first time since we've been married and living here, he can work on his violin. The wetstone on the kitchen floor has been whirring again for chisels and planes, and I am glad glad glad to see him able to do this again.

I'm cutting out a pattern for a dress, and whipping up a tote bag. We have adopted a coffee plant. I am finished my sweater; I will display it soon. We are trying to root a pineapple and another avocado. We have major transplanting to do (if even 1/4 of the mosquitos would die off just a little bit for one second), and the bookshelf-painting continues. Today, my friend Amelia and I baked three different types of bread. (Five-Minute Artisan Bread, pizza dough, and Delicious Toast-and-Jam Bread.) I may make it four with some sourdough tonight.

Last but not least, I am making muscle. The dumbbells are out again.

1 comment:

  1. Well done!
    This sounds like a life being lived well...
    A violin hey? I used to work as Luthier...In a past life, about 8 years ago...Guitars. It was my favourite "job" ever...Can't wait to see the results!
    Happy Summer Lizzy!
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Speak your piece.