Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

January 18: the postscript

There were somethings.

A change in the weather. A temperature of only -9 C. A walk home in 5km of the cool winter sunshine. A visit to Tim. A stint in a tanning bed. An errand I had been dreading accomplished. A disappointing chapter closed.

The violently satisfying work of breaking up the hardpack covering our sidewalk with an iron shovel. I took off my jacket and hat and worked in a t-shirt.

Prospects. An opportunity. Another chance to prove myself.

The ritual of running hot water, shampooing hair, shaving legs, pumicing feet, and applying lotion. For the thousandth time, I feel like a new person.

Homemade guacamole. Black beans. A red pepper. Yogurt and plume jam.

Laundry to do. A film to watch. Tea to drink.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like a really nice afternoon. There's nothing like the feel of the hot water and shampoo in your hair. We don't have a bath in our townhouse, so I don't have a choice but to have showers but getting clean is always a nice feeling :)
    ~Sarah~

    ReplyDelete

Speak your piece.