Pages

Thursday, December 30, 2010

music in 2010

There was...

Lady Gaga
Some girls won't dance to the beat of the track
She won't walk away, but she won't look back
She looks good but her boyfriend says she's a mess
She's a mess, she's a mess, now the girl is stressed
She's a mess, she's a mess, she's a mess



My Brightest Diamond
There was a silver tree
Down by a river wide
That's where we would go
To hang our pretty things
& watch the wind blow

There used to be a tree
Where we took our pretty things
We'd hook them by a thread
Golden egg lipstick and feathers
Pieces of glass, chandelier baubles
And empty bottles of wine
And watch the light shine through

I'm afraid to forget you
I am remembering you
You were sparkling



The White Stripes
If you think that a kiss is all in the lips
come on,
you got it all wrong, man.
And if you think that our pants was on at the hips
oh well
then do the twist.



Tegan and Sara
look me in the eye and tell me you don't find me attractive
look me in the heart and tell me you won't go

where does the good go?



Ron Sexsmith
Whatever it takes my love I'll find it
Whatever it takes, my love


The Klaxons
all plans are golden in your hand


Amylie
Un déluge de mots
Expulsé exprès
Pour laver mon cerveau
Et te défouler bien fait



The Beatles
Michelle, my belle
These are words that go together well
My Michelle



Cat Power
I believe in you


Joshua Redman
salt peanuts salt peanuts!


...and John Michael Talbot.
Where there is hatred
Let me sow love
Where there is injury, pardon

Grant that I might seek
Not so much to be consoled
As to console
To be understood
As to understand
Not so much
To be loved
As to love another

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your piece.