Pages

Saturday, December 4, 2010

breakfast today




The bowl contains the best concoction I have ever concocted, hands down. Even Tim agrees. It is delicious, healthy, filling, and full of the protein this quasi-vegetarian needs so badly. It's also cheap and fast. I don't have a name for it yet, but I'm open to suggestions.

Mix in a large bowl:

1 small can or 1/2 large can chickpeas, drained
1 can tuna or salmon, drained
2 or 3 eggs
2 cloves garlic
salt,pepper and lemon juice to taste

and any or all of the following, chopped up:

red pepper
green pepper
olives
green onions
tomatoes

Fry half a cup or so in a little olive oil until the egg is cooked and the chickpeas and vegetables are beginning to brown.

Mix dijon mustard, olive oil, lemon juice and a pinch of sugar in a salad bowl. Chop up some romaine lettuce and toss in the dressing. Throw the fried stuff on.

This is one of my favorite things to eat at the moment. It's also great with some cheddar cheese in a pita. The batter keeps for up to a week in the fridge.

Happy Saturday you all! I'm writing my last essay today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your piece.