Pages

Monday, October 25, 2010



Up here, too far North, it's getting darker. The late afternoon light disappears by five o'clock. I can't take it. Just like last year, this third week of October has undone me. A threat looms behind my eyes. Lethargy drags at my feet. The air is dry, the city full of crime. My friends despise me. If I breathe deep, I start to cry.

Because I am a plant, Tim is ordering grow lights. He is determined to keep me sane.
He is a good man. I am determined that Winter will not be lost on me.

3 comments:

  1. Hope those lights help. Have you tried fish oil for depression? It seems to help me. (Lisa)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa!

    My sister has been talking about fish oil too. I think I'll have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Little plant Lizzy makes me sad. I'm grateful that Tim is taking pains to help you survive this drear season.

    Also fish oil (omega 3) is really great for the skin and brain. I take a capsule a day.

    ReplyDelete

Speak your piece.