Pages

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

a new place to write



Today Tim and I hauled things around so that my desk could be moved from the front room to our bedroom, so that I can be alone to write.

Now I slowly begin to rearrange our objects, and soon I will have something of a study. As for the front room, it will have something of a seating area, which I'm sure our guests will appreciate.

Tonight I plan to cook a pot of borscht. Tim is unconvinced of its luxury, but then, he hasn't tried it yet.

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE borscht. I add a dollop of sour cream to my bowl...delish!

    I am glad you are rearranging! Looking forward to the prioritizing of your art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I add sour cream too. Peasants' food never turned out to be such a good idea.

    Hopefully I will soon be able to post examples of the fruits of my labor. It will be so nice to shut myself away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And borscht really is SO luxurious. The color....the flavor.....it's kind like a ruby sexy root soup -- utterly decadent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmm, I have only had borscht a handful of times but enjoyed it heartily. I think it would be a luxury to spoon borscht by your side, or watch you write from the doorway of a nearby room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emily: It would be such a luxury for me too!

    ReplyDelete

Speak your piece.