Pages

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Pygmalion Press

Today at one o'clock in the morning, I opened Pygmalion Press. In this Etsy shop, I hope to sell copies of Tom-Tom, and also, ambitiously, modern-day poetry commissions.

Poetry is poorly treasured by most of my contemporaries. I hope to write poems for specific people and occasions, and in doing so, emphasize the insights into the human condition that are too often ignored, but everywhere and inconvenient in the middle of things.

So I hope to compose for strangers. I hope for them to send me names and memories and descriptions to include in poetry, and perhaps in the process begin to understand poetry better, understanding it in relation to their own lives.

How will I attract patrons?, you ask. I am not sure. Are normal people intrigued by the idea of spending twenty dollars for a poem of their own? I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your piece.