Pages

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Crazy Fool's Day

Today has been a bit of a mess. I woke up too late for my early class, and therefore bicycled to work, where my employer first tried to under-pay me, and then unceremoniously changed my scheduling status to "casual". The end of the semester is only two weeks away, and I still don't have a summer job. I'm anxious about money. Even so, final papers would be all-consuming at the moment, but Tim and I are moving into our first apartment tomorrow morning. After I got home from work, I went to school for a poetry reading, but it turned out I had misread the posters, and it was finishing just as I arrived. Disappointed, I sat in the library and read Consciousness Explained for an hour and a half, until Tim's classes were over. Then we went grocery shopping. It wasn't until we got home that I realized that all I had eaten all day was a cup of instant vanilla pudding and that I was about to faint. But I didn't faint, I threw up, and Tim revived me with water when I came out of the bathroom. Snatching a package of dry egg noodles to eat in the car, we took off to return the car to Tim's parents. We ate and napped, and I feel revived.

Today's bright spots were my early morning ride, and the contest entries I found in my inbox this afternoon. Thanks to everyone who entered. All the submissions will be posted later this week, and the winner will be announced on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your piece.